Absorbency is key, here's how
1. Wash before use to remove any coatings on the towels which increases absorbency. Vinegar is one of the most versatile, natural cleaners and it can work wonders on your laundry.
2. Wash often | every 4 days in warm water with minimal detergent. Wash towels in their own load and separate colour/white washes.
3. Fabric softener use sparingly it reduces absorbancy due to a build-up of residue on towel fibres.
4. Give them a good shake when first out of the wash as this will help fluff up towel fibres that promote absorbency.
5. Avoid over drying as it can breakdown/harden cotton fibres. Dry on the line [if possible] until almost dry, but still slightly damp then finish off in the dryer for 5-10 mins.
vinegar laundry refresh
add ½ cup of white vinegar to a pre-wash setting
pre-wash towels in vinegar
wash again with laundry powder on a normal cycle