"You're too hot" might not be a complaint you'd expect to hear too often in the bedroom, but with bedroom
temperature being the biggest sleep disruptor, running at a different degree to your partner can be a serious sleep problem.
Sleep researchers advocate that there are a number of reasons why partners can have different biological thermostats
Why is my partner too hot or cold in bed?
- Men tend to run hotter than women as a result of having more muscle mass, which generates more heat.
- Hormones can also play a part, with women's body temperature varying across the month.
- Changes in hormone levels in women across the menstrual cycle | menopause also produce marked changes in temperature regulation.
- A lot of women in menopause | peri-menopause will pull blankets on and off and disrupt their partners enormously.
Your body temperature will vary throughout the night as you drift between different sleep states and sleep is most likely to occur when core temperature decreases, and much less likely to occur during the rises.
How couples, with different thermostats can sleep blissfully together
With two people under the duvet, they are both heating the air and if your partner heats the air more than you like it can cause a problem. Here are a few solutions:
- A couples quilt the two in one quilt. Our DANISH EIDERDOWNS H&H Quilt has two different fill weights on each side, extra fill for cold bods and less for hot bods.
- Use two duvets (a cold one and a hot one) that way the microclimate around one person's body doesn't influence the microclimate under the other duvet. The Continental are a good choice.
- 4 way warmth down quilt A quilt that is not boxed cassetted, but ring stitched allows you to move the down verically and horizontally within the casing. Provinding warmth flexibility. The apartment quilt was designed specifically for flexibilityl
- Bed Size If you're squashed into a double bed, consider a king size that will enable you to move far enough apart to keep your temperature to yourself.
- Latex beds that don't breathe very well make people very hot. Our Coolmax matress protectors are perfect for reducing heat from latex mattresses
- Natural fibres Make sure the layer closest to you is breathable and your sheets are made from natural fibres so they can wick away the temperature and sweat. Our Rialto 100% Egyptian cotton sheets, made in Australia are ideal.